Of all the things you can do for yourself…. increasing your greens intake can make a huge difference. There are many reasons why greens can help your new healthy lifestyle with the main one being that it helps to maintain a good alkaline level in the body which in turn promotes good health:
- Decreased acidity
- Increased energy
- Increased health
- Increased weight loss
- Better skin
- Better appetite and craving control
- Better hormonal balance
- Better recovery
- Increased immunity
Adding more vegetables to EVERY meal can be one option. Maybe Juicing in the morning works for you. The other option is to take a greens drink.
You can steam, bake, lightly fry, steam and eat raw. Greens are so versatile. You can even spiralise them to make great pasta alternatives or salads. Here is my favourite gadget in action to make courgette spaghetti!
Ask at every meal time, how can I get more greens in? And don’t be afraid to ask for extra veg or makes swaps when eating out:
- An extra side of vegetables?
- Vegetable pasta in place of regular pasta
- Vegetable rice such as cauliflower in place of regular rice
- Extra chopped veggies in your stews, casseroles and other dishes
- Soups as a starter or main meal
- Salad as a starter or side
- Green juice or greens drink
- Extra fresh herbs in your cooking
- Swap avocado for butter
- Swap romaine lettuce leaves for wraps etc
So forget faddy eating and over complicating it all! If you want improved health then the first step is to make sure you are taking natures vitamin and anti-sickness medicine…….GREENS! Pretty soon you will start to regulate your appetite and naturally eat less food. What’s more you will start to enjoy your food like never before!
Big love, small tummies!
Jill – The Fat Controller